Monday, January 25, 2010

Divine Dream

What is it to dream?
My subconscious free
Through white lilacs and atop a green grassy knoll.
I watch the blue sea mirror
As the sun shines heavily; not upon me but the sea.
And over the horizon, I see before I hear
Soul's laying atop their wooden vessel:
The fair maidens,the brothers, the early grasped children,
The souls too heavy with sin sink the canoe,
But those ,fair and true, the sea sweeps solemnly .
As they approach I see the maidens fair,
Gold, black, brown and red hair, tied by a tiara, shed
Of clouds purely white. In their hands lay bouquets
Of flowers symbolizing what of theirs they left to heirs.
The woman in front a sole rose for the sole son she left behind,
The next, three camellias of white for three pure souls.
her son, her daughter and one she claimed her own.
A man behind her, before he sank, the shine of a dagger
he wore, he took life from his wife and the child she bore.
As their numbers slimmed, they approached the shore.
The incoming dead, atop their wooden canoes

harbor into heaven and wake for the first time

No comments:

Post a Comment