Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Untitled 1 - free verse

Weather might fright politicians,
as cats scare mice
and of mice and men we place ourselves
And in our right mind
This would not be happening
This storm that brewed
could have been settled long ago
But if it weren't for the collection of hate
I wouldn't sit and ponder my fate


Yet I'll stand, a mountain of a man
No cloud high enough to challenge me
No element too strong to conquer me
but love melts my insides
like a volcano I brew
For I sit now, hot, and under pressure
reach out for life's only pleasure
and your love is a buried treasure
of pirates, goons and madmen
but my grasp is not long enough to reach
the only thing I have left to preach


My love for you is undying
In a deathly sick sort of way
one which wounded and hurt
yet will never die
and I am still a mountain
only my heart of stone has melted
and reshaped to the sight of your soul
only you can make this mountain whole

No comments:

Post a Comment