Monday, January 18, 2010

The cellar Door



And by the cellar door I stood
I kept my feet adjacent on top of the wood
I stepped back and wondered
Does God care if I go under?
Can I hide in the darkness?
If I jump will he know, if I scream will he hear?
If I sin would it count?
And for a while I pondered
To be free, is it true?
Could I be free doing,
That when I act there is an all-knowing
And all I think and do must be aligned with what he finds true?
Then I think, what lies beneath the cellar door?
Is it darkness or much, much more?
Is it in essence all that we fear?
Or is it fate, the factor that brings me here
Upon the cellar door lays dirt
As if Mother Nature tried to cover the hurt
On its handles is rust, as if it protects hell’s fire
When god pours down water
As I open this cellar door
I find a cat, no more
And as it looks at me I see mine own eyes
Looking up at me
Looking down at me
I walk by it as if I have known me all my life
Down beneath the cellar door I wonder
Time eludes me and I go back to the top
Before I may move to reach the handles of the door
The cellar door swung open by some force
I see the cat once more
And as it looks at me I see mine own eyes
Looking down at me
Looking up at me



No comments:

Post a Comment