Monday, January 25, 2010

The Man

On an Island I stay ,alone in despaire
My love; mother, wife and friend
The bearer of a child unborn, my own heart and soul
Through trials, tribulations and poverty  -she stood by me
I took her entity, relieved her body of her soul
In a moment of jealousy I thought her fleeing
And I'm no fool and know, that free will by force
cannot be controlled or induced,
And the Island, my mind, plagued with deep holes
With every step a new memory unfolds

That knife, that knife that took her life
That knife that I stabbed in her heart

       That knife that stabbed her belly, my heart
That knife that once I admired for its jewels
That knife now lays protruding from my soul


That knife, this night I choose to end my life

As I watch the profusion, I ponder in confusion

The ruby of passion turned to blood

The solid black handle fade to gray
The gold gilded blade,chipped away
revealing that all that glitters is not gold, and if it is
look beyond to a story yet untold

1 comment: