Sunday, January 3, 2010

Heart of a castle - 9/22/09


Looking back I realize, creativity is godliness, Holy
With ambition in my veins, I surrendered my day to the work of my castle
The adults that strolled by pointed and smiled, “what a cute kid”
Now more than ever, I wished my castle to the size of kings’
And I carpenter, Knight, and hero standing adamant, clad in armor
I knew that if that was the case the adults would shudder and say
“That man is greater than any man I have ever laid eyes upon!”
That only one moment in my laborious day, gave me energy
Hours after hours I dug and re sculpted, I created out of nil
The sun perpendicularly above glared at me, daring me to go on
I would take no brake, no stop, till’ the job was done
Sand cuts and sore arms, least of my worries
How can I protect my queen from dragons, sea monsters, or naughty neighbor?
My mind raced as I shaped and reshaped
Yet suddenly the trumpets roared, a battle was coming
Enraging over the sea, the wrath of Zeus, uproar of Poseidon
Being merely a mortal, I was called in
The night passed, the battle was over, I ventured outside
The air smelled warm, Blood was shed
The squid, like a righteous knight, lay on the sand motionless
The crabs, the peasant scavengers, scattered to and fro, feeding of war
At last I reached my hope for sore eyes
The castle on which I labored, mine own child, mine own creation
Hermes had taken fine details and given it to the sea
Greedy Poseidon, burning for more, took all shape away and left it a mound
Pitiful Zeus, merciful and just, struck the sand and left me the heart
For on the burial mound of my castle laid a glass shard
Glass for the fragility of all laborious creation




No comments:

Post a Comment