Monday, January 25, 2010

Invisible

If I were invisible, I wouldn't maneuver through people,
I wouldn't search for whispered treasures
I wouldn't peep on beauty, or protect the innocent
I wouldn't scare the bold, nor aid the old
I wouldn't hop on a plane or train
I wouldn't dance in the rain
I wouldn't steal and be a thief

I wouldn't wish for visibility

I would sit on a comfortable grassy knoll
and watch, while I grow old, the young and the bold
the old and the rich, the girls who cry, and the
ones who smile, and the ones who cry inside, the boys
turn to men and back again, the poor aid the rich, the
rich become poor and rich once more
the blind aid the deaf, and life fade to death

I would love myself, for being adamant, I would love
the knoll that holds my grave, I would love the flower that grows
in between my toes, I would
love the wind as the other pea in my pod,
But for all evils or goods I was supposed to do, i could not
love god.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spent a good portion of the morning reading ur posts. I really enjoy ur work...hope ur doing well.

    ReplyDelete