Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Winters of Normandy

Background - this is from the perspective of a US soldier from Maine recalling his thoughts as he was called to duty and told he was going to storm the beaches of Normandy.



Distant sea breeze beckoning
far away you seem decadent
In the real your sand brimstone
and your amphibic haven chilling
no danger like the danger of the sea
on and off shore you seem to me
the most dangerous place to be
However far away and dreaming
The snow around me gleaming
I search to find the day's life source behind the clouds
Ominous though they may be
In Progression
     With out Succession
               Light and
                   life eludes
                        human beings
                                   till we
                                  fall upon
                           Flowery tombstones
So in the snow or by sandy sea
I can always feel your light come over me
Sandy snow and Ice cold water
Winter arrives in Normandy

1 comment:

  1. This one is nice. I can't believe how much you have written. Your rugby team does pilates now? That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete